Think you have to publish 3x/week to earn a full-time income?
In this episode of the 10X Profit Podcast, I talk with Rachel from Feast and Farm. She’s not just any food blogger; for the last two years, Rachel has been applying smart brand + business strategy to multiply her traffic and income without the usual hoopla. She’s gone from overrun blogger to smart business owner, now making a generous full-time income in just 15 hours a week!
In today’s show, I talk with Rachel about the shift from blogger to businesswoman and the strategy she’s applying to every level of her biz. Plus, we talk about getting past the temptation to always chase the next “shiny object,” how she stays focused on the RIGHT next steps, and how she maintains a cattle farm and hectic family schedule while earning a full-time income (hint: she’s not killing herself to do it).
Listen here to Rachel’s on-point advice for anyone struggling to turn a blog into a business.
In this episode, listen for…
- What was bogging Rachel down when she first started blogging
- The shift she made 3 years in, when she stopped using her blog as a means of creative expression
- The change Rachel made to her sign-up bar that gave her the key to exactly what her readers need
- Specific tactics Rachel has used in the last two years, as part of her strategic focus, including why she’s switched away from Facebook for promoting her work
- …plus, Rachel explains her idea that while readers initially COME to her site to get a recipe, they “don’t come back for the cake.”
Listen to this episode by clicking the Play button below:
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Google Podcasts | Stitcher
Liked the show? Help me out!
Click here to leave a review on iTunes!
Yes, I’ll help Jeni by leaving a review!
Notes + Links from Today’s Show
- Rachel’s website, Feast and Farm
- The 5 from 1 System, Rachel’s cookbook that teaches you how to prepare food, not just give you a list of ingredients
- Rachel’s recommendation for an SEO Audit, done by Casey at Media Wyse
- The Blog Smarter program, which guides you step-by-step through intentionally building your business and brand
- Evernote, Rachel and Jeni’s favorite place to store notes of all kinds
- Rachel’s favorite podcast The Moth from NPR
- Pinch of Yum’s Lindsay Ostrom — Rachel’s biz crush and business woman to watch